Can't enlarge lever frame from default six levers.

Report your experience and ask your questions about using the beta version of SigScribe4.

Moderator: RedFred

JimG

Can't enlarge lever frame from default six levers.

Post by JimG »

Just downloaded the Beta Build 876 and am working through the tutorial, but have come to a grinding halt when I can't seem to expand the number of levers in the frame from six. I've tried a few things like completely re-starting the application, and trying to insert levers using the right click on the lever panel, but no luck.

Jim.
pathsearch

Re: Can't enlarge lever frame from default six levers.

Post by pathsearch »

JimG wrote: . . .I can't seem to expand the number of levers in the frame from six. . .
Found the same thing. The insert/delete lever comands are clever but take some getting used to. You need to have a working lever on the right hand end of the frame (i.e working levers are painted any other color except white [which is spare] - use h key while lever selected to change). Then use insert key to move that working lever to the right one slot. If the frame needs more levers to move the working lever to the right it will add a further bank of 6. Insert/delete moves ALL levers to the right of the lever selected even after connections to track objects have been defined - diagram numbering is adjusted automatically in this case. This is bound to come in handy to make space for those points forgotten or added in later perhaps! If you had already defined routes before moving connected levers about, you would need to clear routes one by one and do again to rebuild the interlocking.
Are we nearly there yet?
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

JimG

You should be able to change the number of levers from Panels > Edit Lever Frame. However, I just tried it on build 876 and it doesn't work. This is obviously a bug which we'll work on as quickly as possible. Thanks for finding it.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

The bug has been fixed at build ID 877.

Enjoy!
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
JimG

Post by JimG »

modadmin wrote:The bug has been fixed at build ID 877.

Enjoy!
Dowloaded last night and tried out this morning and everything seems to work OK.

Jim.
Alex

Cannot add levers to basic 6

Post by Alex »

I downloaded v1.0 beta 15 March 04. I tried the tutorial and then thought I could branch out and try out my pet layout. In both cases I could get as far as drawing the track plan and locating signals. HOWEVER, in neither case could I increase the number of levers beyond six. Help!!

Alex
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Alex,

As you can see from other posts, there was a problem that was fixed at build ID 877. That build was actually uploaded on 15/3 but you may have downloaded before the change. Check the build ID of your SigScribe4 - it's shown when you access Help > About. I suspect you are using 876. If so, just download the current build (883) .
Forum Administration
MODRATEC