Shunt signal with specific color

MODRATEC is keen to make SigScribe4 even more versatile and easy to use. Our further development of the product will take significant account of your requests.

Moderator: RedFred

steamystef

Shunt signal with specific color

Post by steamystef »

Hello,

I know that for English practice, there is no specific lever color for the shunt signal but in Belgium we use the 'purple' color. Is there any chance to get this as an option in the lever color like the other, maybe when specifying that we use specific practice.

Stefan
From Belgium
Steamy stef
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

As you say, British practice does not distinguish between main and subsidiary signals when it comes to lever colour - any stop signal has a red lever.

The next generation of software will enable templates such that it can be configured for any railway system in terms of the types of signals used and available lever colours.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
steamystef

Post by steamystef »

Thats great,

Many thanks for your response.

Stefan
Steamy stef
steamystef

Post by steamystef »

Hello,

To illustrate my comment, some shots from one of our last cab with Saxby levers:

And the indications in front of each lever with in order (from up to down):
- For Lever 3, it's a Shunt signal (purple line under the 3
- Connected to signal N² (down arm), 33 is the number of the Signalisation Block
- Give access from track I to Signal U
- The fraction with lever in normal state and in reverse state

Stef
Steamy stef
stroudley

Shunt signal with headshunt

Post by stroudley »

Will it be possible in the next version to incorporate the UK yellow shunt signal used as an exit signal when there is a headshunt. When I came to define my route it didn't quite turn out as expected because the shunt signal prevented the use of the headshunt. The lever diagram is correct because I had used a red lever its only the route definition that is incomplete needing the lever to be pulled to use the headshunt which needs two routes defined when the signal is off.
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

The new version will include yellow shunts.

The yellow shunt route is defined in exactly the same way as a normal shunt. It should clear only when the path is set from the headshunt to the main. The difference is that a train is permitted to shunt past an "on" yellow shunt provided that the path is not set to the main line. I don't understand your comment that it needs two routes defined when off.
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
stroudley

Yellow shunt signal

Post by stroudley »

The only way I could get my interlocking to do what I wanted was to use a red shunt and then to get the route to show past the signal was to pull it off for the siding road. This was only so that I could see where the route that I had set up went. It isn't really important either way I guess.
The goods yard has a facing entry crossover from the main line followed by a trailing exit crossover onto the main line. I.e two oposite hand crossovers following each other, with the exit shunt signal between them. When setting up the entry crossover and pulling the road off the route stopped at the shunt signal unless I pulled that off too.
With a yellow signal I assume that the route would show past the signal if it was set for the siding road whichever way my exit points were set. Or would it still stop at the signal when the siding road was set.8)
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Yes, in SigScribe10 a path will be shown in advance of an "on" yellow shunt.
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
MikeFozzy

Shunt Signals

Post by MikeFozzy »

I am hoping that in SigScribe10 there will be provision for route indicators on shunt signals. SigScribe4 4 does not. Also in British practice there is a different signal for calling on and for shunting; on SigScribe4 I use the shunt arm option whatever I intend to model on my own layout simply to get the interlocking to respond.

Further to the question of remote exit from a yard having a shunt neck. I cannot quite picture the situation. For mechanical signalling if exit from a yard onto main line is farther than a reasonable pull from the signal box a ground frame would be an option. A black lever in the signal box would be used as if the points were operated and used as a release for the ground frame. In a model, therefore, one could mark the lever as release and simply use it to operate the points, leaving associated shunt signals unworked.

I hope this is helpful

Mikw