Wish list: SigScribe4 v2 (or SigScribe5)

MODRATEC is keen to make SigScribe4 even more versatile and easy to use. Our further development of the product will take significant account of your requests.

Moderator: RedFred

tux
Top Link
Top Link

Wish list: SigScribe4 v2 (or SigScribe5)

Post by tux »

I can see that it was antcipated in another thread in this section that the next version of SigScribe4 would be released in 2007, but it's now 2008 and the last release was June 2007.
tux
Top Link
Top Link

Post by tux »

Harold, have you got any updates for us on when SS4v2 (or SS5) will be released?
Harold
Top Link
Top Link

Post by Harold »

Hello tux,

I do apologise that this has turned into a much longer process than we envisaged. The next generation of software will in fact be SigScribe10.

The good news is that there will be a taste of SigScribe10 in the release of SigScribe4 version 1.1.11 next week. The taste is that of conditional locking. We've now proved the mechanics of conditional locking for our frames and have migrated the locking algorithms from SigScribe10 into SigScribe4 so that you will be able to create and simulate designs with conditional locks.

As for SigScribe10, we are planning on early 2010. Please keep patient!
All the best
Harold
MODRATEC Help
tux
Top Link
Top Link

Post by tux »

Cool.
Looking forward to seeing how the conditional interlocking is done.

Btw, will there be an updated tutorial/manual released to explain how it'll all work?
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

There will be help information. Because the SigScribe4 version will not have the full facilities of SigScribe10 to graphically define conditional locks, it will be necessary to create a text file to define the locking. You may preview the process of creating that file here: http://MODRATEC.com/ss10/itf.pdf
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
MikeFozzy

conditional interlocking

Post by MikeFozzy »

Unfortunately I was unable to open the pdf file you gave a link to.

British Rail frames had interlocking tables for the locking fitter to work to. I am familiar with these diagrams for checking conditional locking. I am not referring to the dog chart just the table which says which lever locks another and which way.

Will SigScribe10 include such tables?

Mike
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Mike,

It is quite simple in most cases to create an itf file based on a locking table. That facility will remain in SigScribe10.

The info on itf files is also available though SigScribe4 Help. Do you have Adobe Reader installed on your system?
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC