Design Step 6 of Advanced Tutorial

Use this forum to report your experience of, or to ask questions about using SigScribe4 version 1.

Moderator: RedFred

Lancashire Fusilier

Design Step 6 of Advanced Tutorial

Post by Lancashire Fusilier »

Hi all, first post so please go easy on me!

I didn't see this questioned eleswhere but please accept my apologies if it has already been dealt with.

I have been working through the advanced tutorial today having downloaded the program last night. All has gone quite well. I am at Design Step 6 and all of a sudden I cannot count and/or I am lost by the jargon.

I continue to count 23 signals inclusive of the following:

7 distant semaphores
6 Home semaphores
6 ground discs
3 lights
1 shunt
23 total

I am obviously missing something and imagine its linked with my next question - what is a signal group. I didn't see this defined earlier so am not sure what constitutes a group.

Additionally the document states there are 6 points. The only way I get to 6 and not seven is to either leave off the catch point or assume that the single slip only counts as one point (I would have thought it was two).

I now assume that the FPL group is at 10,3 & 11,4 as they both need to be activated together.

This would leave the final FPL at 6,6 so I was able to match the tally on this occaision by drawing my own conclusions.

This stage to me is critical as there now appears to be room for error creeping in ie leaving it up to me to count! I would have thought this would have spat out a list but maybe I am optimistic.

If someone can point me straight here I would be most appreciative as I need to build 3 separate lever frams for my layout and really want to get it right.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.
Paul M. Hamilton
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Welcome Lancashire Fusilier.

The signal group refers to the intermediate block signals which all work simultaneously (outer distant, distant, stop) from one lever.

Your assumptions re the FPL group are correct.

I think if you continue with the tutorial in a trusting manner, all should become clear.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
Lancashire Fusilier

Post by Lancashire Fusilier »

Ok, in Tutorial I will trust!

Thanks for that, still getting head around the terminology I guess.

Cheers,

Paul.
Paul M. Hamilton