Defining off diagram

Use this forum to report your experience of, or to ask questions about using SigScribe4 version 1.

Moderator: RedFred

terry

Defining off diagram

Post by terry »

I have set a home signal which should set a route off the diagram. However it only sets a route to a shunt limit. The tutorial states that shunt limits should determine the limit of shunting signals, not homes. How do I do it?

[terry, I have moved your query to the SigScribe4 Version 1 forum which is probably where it best fits. Modadmin.]
RedFred
Top Link
Top Link

Post by RedFred »

terry,

Welcome to the Guest Lounge.

I'm guessing that you are referring to the following paragraph from the tutorial:
Shunt signal routes extend to the next facing shunt or home signal or "Shunt Limit" notice. Home signal routes extend to the next facing home signal or the next distant signal. Distant signal routes extend past the next facing distant signal to the first facing home signal.
This paragraph is intended to help users to understand the concept of routes as they relate to particular types of signal. The user defines each route individually and need not necessarily follow these guidlines. SigScribe4 doesn't distinguish between signal types when it comes to shunt limits - any route will terminate there.

In the situation which you are simulating, if there are no further signals facing either direction after the shunt limit, then it will not affect the interlocking. If there are, then you may need to eliminate the shunt limit from the diagram knowing that it will be there in reality. More detail would be helpful. Perhaps you could send a copy of your .ss4 file to MODRATEC for comment.
Happy training,
RedFred
The MODRATEC Moderator