King Lever - sort of

Use this forum to report your experience of, or to ask questions about using SigScribe4 version 1.

Moderator: RedFred

AndrewIC

King Lever - sort of

Post by AndrewIC »

I want to define a "king lever" lever in my frame that does not operate any actual hardware (apart from the auxiliary switch), but which is interlocked with all the other levers as follows:

1. The king lever can only be reversed when all the other levers are normal.
2. Reversing the king lever locks all the other levers normal.
3. When the king lever is normal, reversing any other lever locks the king lever normal.

How can I do this? I have allocated a lever, but I don't seem to be able to interlock it with anything!

Thanks
Andrew
RedFred
Top Link
Top Link

Post by RedFred »

Andrew,

It is our intention to include a 'king lever' in SigScribe4 at some stage. In the meanwhile, you can achieve what you require as follows.

Allocate a blue lever as the king lever and connect it to nothing. For each signal lever which will not otherwise be locked normal by points etc., define the route to include the king lever reversed - in other words, pull the king lever while defining the signal route. For points levers, with the lever normal, select 'Interlock Points' then for the king lever select 'Include FPL'.

The result will be that all signal and points levers will then be locked normal when the king lever is reversed - the opposite to what you wish. The action of the king lever can then be easily inverted when it comes to construction of the frame. Simply let MODRATEC know when you place your order and we will modify the instructions accordingly.
Happy training,
RedFred
The MODRATEC Moderator
AndrewIC

Post by AndrewIC »

Thanks - the other workaround I came up with was to define a short (one square) length of disconnected track, put a home signal on it, then interlock the signal with any levers that were unlocked. It worked the way round I wanted, in that all levers were locked normal when the "special" lever was reversed.

Haven't decided whether to use this design yet!

Andrew