Train Movie/film

This is the place to ask and comment about non-signalling railway matters. Admin will split the forum depending on how it grows.

Moderator: RedFred

Harold
Top Link
Top Link

Train Movie/film

Post by Harold »

Many years ago (in fact, decades), I saw on TV a movie set in WWII Britain involving a train load of sea mines being transported from factory to port. It is somehow determined that one of the mines is booby-trapped with a timer. The train is shunted back along a disused siding where a bomb disposer begins the task of finding and disarming the bomb. A side story involves the evacuation of a village near the siding with particular focus on an elderly man who "likes trains" and is very excited about the fact that a train has arrived at this long disused siding.

If anyone else remembers this film, I'd love to find out its title and availability. I'm often known to quote the words of the elderly man - "Oi loike trains!"
All the best
Harold
MODRATEC Help
DownMain

Post by DownMain »

I think the film is 'Time Bomb' released by mgm in 1953 (UK), aka 'Terror on a Train' in US - not to be confused with many similar named films! It starred Glenn Ford as the bomb disposal expert. I think it was in B&W and is not available on Video or DVD - but I may be wrong.

It is schedulled for screening on Sky channel 327 (TCM) on Friday, 15 July 2005 at 9:20 (all UK info). Hope you can get it in your neck of the woods!

regards
DownMain
Harold
Top Link
Top Link

Post by Harold »

Thanks for the lead, DownMain. I'll follow it up with those family and friends who have access to subscription TV.
All the best
Harold
MODRATEC Help
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

I have just discovered that "Terror on a Train", "Time Bomb" under its USA title, is currently available from this supplier:

http://www.vicpine.co.uk/rare-video-pricecheck.htm
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC