Little discrepancies ... mine or yours?

Report your experience and ask your questions about using the beta version of SigScribe4.

Moderator: RedFred

dave55uk
Top Link
Top Link

Little discrepancies ... mine or yours?

Post by dave55uk »

Trying to amend a saved .ss4 file and I have noticed a couple of little discrepancies - these may be down to me not doing things right.
Some are minor. However, I'll list them all - please see http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/yard.ss4 for the file.

Row 2 Col 17 Signal 5/6 - colour light ground position signals - unable to add a route indicator on same stem - in real life, these can be above or below, to the left or to the right of the actual position light signal.

Row 3 Col 19 Signal 8 Point 9 - numbering too close together!

Row 5 Col 17/18 - digits overwriting

Row 8 Col 14 and 17 - 2 14's!! Cannot seem to change the point (8/17) to #15.

It would be nice to be able to place signals on diagonal track.

And it would be nice to be able to add in free-form text onto the track diagram.

And finally, how about being able to copy/cut part (or all) of a diagram and paste it onto another.

Please accept all above comments as constuctive. ATB, Dave.
Harold
Top Link
Top Link

Post by Harold »

Thanks for the feedback dave55uk.

RedFred has asked me to answer this one.

First a general comment: Remember that SigScribe4 is primarily a tool for designing the interlocking for MODRATEC Lever Frames. For that purpose the signal diagram simply needs to define the phsical interconnections between all of the signalling elements - signals, pointwork, connecting track. It's not intended to draw the sort of signalling diagram that a signalman (signalwoman, signalperson) would see in a signal box. We do intend, though, to incorporate a diagram which meets both requirements in future development of SigScribe4. This development will also include greater versatility in signal placing, support general text fields, and provide cut & paste support.

Route indicators. SigScribe4 needs to know which signal head or arm to associate with which route indicator. The simplest way to make that association is to require the RI to be shown immediately below the associated head or arm.

Number Positioning. It's impossible to find a perfect position to place numbers to cover every conceivable situation. In the future we'll develop a 'smarter' positioning algorithm. You will need to redraw your diagram if absolute clarity is essential.

#15. I'd be interested to know exactly how you ended up with red lever 14 connected to points. I assume you edited the lever frame after you had connected lever 14 as a black lever to the points. The safest thing to do if you want to insert a lever into a connected frame is to use the 'disconnet all' function for each lever above and including the insert position. I was able to fix your diagram by 'dis all' lever 14, edit signal diagram, delete tile 8:17, redraw 8:17, etc.
All the best
Harold
MODRATEC Help
dave55uk
Top Link
Top Link

Thanks

Post by dave55uk »

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to download my file and sort out my problem. Have now successfully edited it my end.

Re the other comments - that's the trouble with SigScribe4 - it's so good it lulls one into thinking it is ALREADY a simulator :-) - I look forward to seeing it with all the bells and whistles :-))

Keep up the good work - and thanks again.