Suggestions for SigScribe4

Report your experience and ask your questions about using the beta version of SigScribe4.

Moderator: RedFred

signalman
Top Link
Top Link

Suggestions for SigScribe4

Post by signalman »

Not sure whether it can be done, but I found when working through the tutorial, that using the 'H' and 'V' keys to toggle the symbols was annoying. Why not be able to select the required 'item' for a right-click drop down menu? I find the more you can use the mouse to drive a program, the better. Just a suggestion. (One of many, I hope!!)
signalman
Top Link
Top Link

Suggestions for SigScribe4 - 2

Post by signalman »

I would like to see some way of the user being able to select a certain prototype. Obviously, the system has been designed around UK practices. For example, NSWGR's Distant arms are red with the white chevron, as opposed to the current yellow/black arm. At present, the system won't allow me to allocate a Distant arm to a red lever, which would be correct for NSWGR practice. Any thoughts on when you start a new diagram/project, you have the option of selecting prototype specific arms/symbols etc? This may make the program long winded, but I see it as a positive thing for a modeller to be able to work with their correct prototype equipment.

Leading on from this, when a signal symbol on the signal diagram changes during interlocking checking, it should reflect, again, the specific prototype. Eg. NSWGR lower quadrant arms move down 45 degress, not up. This may be being picky, but again, it would assist the modeller in knowing exactly what he is doing in relation to the prototype.
RedFred
Top Link
Top Link

Post by RedFred »

Thanks for these suggestions ianm.

There are many refinements planned for the future and all suggestions are very valuable in pointing the way.

SigScribe4 is, of course, primarily designed as a tool for designing MODRATEC Lever Frame interlocking. It is something of a bonus that it can generate interest and fulfilment as a simulator. Once we've got the lever frames themselves up and running, we'll certainly put a considerable effort into refining SigScribe4. We agree with you, ianm, that a means of specifying a particular railway system template would be a great concept.
Happy training,
RedFred
The MODRATEC Moderator