Size of MODRATEC Lever Frames

Announcements, comments and hints about MODRATEC Lever Frame Kits

Moderator: RedFred

modadmin
Site Admin

Size of MODRATEC Lever Frames

Post by modadmin »

These dimensions apply to Lever Frames built from Kits supplied from February 2013.

Dimensions are rounded up to the next mm.

Overall width

6 levers: 66mm
12 levers: 131mm
18 levers: 196mm
24 levers: 261mm
30 levers: 326mm
36 levers: 392mm
42 levers: 457mm
48 levers: 522mm
54 levers: 587mm
60 levers: 652mm

Spindle projects an additional 5mm each side.
Interlocking Frames have mounting plates that project 15mm from each side.

Front-to-rear dimension

Non-interlocking: 92mm including 10mm allowance front and rear for mounting.
2 or 3 slots: 106mm
4 slots: 116mm
5 slots: 125mm
6 slots: 135mm
7 slots: 145mm
8 slots: 154mm
9 slots: 164mm
10 slots: 173mm
11 slots: 183mm
12 slots: 193mm
13 slots: 202mm
14 slots: 212mm
15 slots: 221mm
16 slots: 231mm
17 slots: 241mm
18 slots: 250mm
19 slots: 260mm
20 slots: 269mm

NOTE that for interlocking frames the locks cover and diagram panel projects forward a further 35mm

Electrical Locking

Electrical locking may be applied to any Interlocking Frame. Frames that are purely electrically locked are dimensionally equivalent to a 3-slot frame. Electrical locks are fitted in front of the frame and project a further 61mm. For example, the overall front-to-rear dimension of a 3-slot frame with electrical locking is 167mm.

Electrical locking actuators project below the mounting plate by 97mm.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
hussra

Post by hussra »

I've been looking at the photos over at this thread, and pondering frame dimensions.

I realise that the depth (front-rear) of the frames has increased somewhat to allow for the fitting of the new Eemeck electric releases. Presumably, if a frame didn't require electric releases, it would be feasible to shorten the diagram panel and shorten the tappets so they don't stick out so far in front of the locking tray?

My situation is that I'm considering putting one in the garden inside a (16mm/ft) signal box, with removable back wall & roof to get to the levers. The extra space gained would come in very useful in this situation.

Many thanks for any advice that can be offered...

Richard
hussra

Post by hussra »

Sorry, another question! Do you have available for the revised frame design the height above the transverse mounting bars of the diagram panel, and the top of the levers?
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Richard,

The vertical dimension from the upper surface of the support bars to the top of a lever standing vertical is 77mm. The support bar is 3mm thick, so the corresponding dimension from the bottom of the support bars is 80mm.
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
hussra

Post by hussra »

modadmin wrote:The vertical dimension from the upper surface of the support bars to the top of a lever standing vertical is 77mm. The support bar is 3mm thick, so the corresponding dimension from the bottom of the support bars is 80mm.
Thanks very much for that.

Can I just check about the other question (on the feasibility of a shorter diagram panel and tappets, given that electric releases wouldn't be required in the situation I'm thinking of).
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Sorry - forgot about that one.

If you ask for a special arrangement when ordering, this can be done. This would bring about a reduction of 34mm
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
hussra

Post by hussra »

Fantastic - very many thanks. Time to start saving my pennies.