MODRATEC Logo
Click our Logo to enter the MODRATEC Web Site.

MODRATEC Guest Lounge
Model Railway Technology Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEVER NUMBERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MODRATEC Guest Lounge Forum Index -> Modratec Lever Frame Kits
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: LEVER NUMBERS Reply with quote

One of our Lever Frame builders, Ian of ACT, Australia, offers the following information about how he has installed "prototypical-looking" brass lever numbers on the first of his MODRATEC lever frames.

The process is quite simple:
    * cut off the required number of 11mm lengths of K&S 7/32" square brass tube (clean all sides of the brass section on fine abrasive before cutting it up)
    * clean up ends, inside and out; scribe a line across, 3mm from one end using a piece of brass or other material as a guide for consistency
    * affix AM Models NSW Railways etched brass loco numbers (I used spots of cyanoacrylate, applied with a toothpick, but it would be preferable to sweat them on, although the two-digit numbers deterred me from trying this)
    * spray all sides of the square section with self-etch black
    * with fine emery board, jeweller's file or similar, remove the paint from the front of the numbers
    * similarly, work along each edge on the front of the boxes to provide a suggestion of the brass surrounds to the lever identification plates
    * the sections will now push onto the levers in a tight sliding fit.

While I left the space below the lever numbers, I did not attempt to replicate the lever names at this scale!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MODRATEC Guest Lounge Forum Index -> Modratec Lever Frame Kits All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: