Shunt Limits/fixed signals

Use this forum to report your experience of, or to ask questions about using SigScribe4 version 1.

Moderator: RedFred

tomslife155

Shunt Limits/fixed signals

Post by tomslife155 »

ive come accross a problem on the version 1, or maybe it isnt a problem and i havent figured a way round it haha.

ive put in a shut limit board, but when ive put a fixed main signal, not a sub, ive found that the shunt limit over rides it so i cant signal a train passed it at all when its only there to stop shunting movements from running wrong line,

Could anyone tell me how to get round this?

ta muchly

Tom
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Tom,

There may be railway-to-railway variations, and indeed historical differences, but SigScribe4 adopts the current British practice that a Shunt Limit indicator is a universal instruction to stop and applies to all trains whether or not they are shunting.

In your situation, if you have a running signal at the same location, then there is probably no reason to have a shunt limit sign. The signal already performs that role. If you wanted to add extra security, you could interlock the running signal with the shunt signal so that you cannot pull off the main signal while the shunt is off. On the other hand, if you feel that a sign of some sort is required, then, by all means, add it to the model, but leave it out of the SigScribe4 simulation.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC