Locking distant until home is cleared

Use this forum to report your experience of, or to ask questions about using SigScribe4 version 1.

Moderator: RedFred

tux
Top Link
Top Link

Locking distant until home is cleared

Post by tux »

I'm mucking around with SigScribe4 to see how complex a track plan I can get and I seem to have got myself stuck abit.

I've decided to try to economise on levers a bit and I have two distant signals operated by the one lever.

The problem is that I can't seem to include the following home signal as a sub-route (yes, I've already defined the home signal's route), nor can I use the "Interlock Signal" function so that I can't clear the distant until the home has been cleared - I can "Include" the home signal in the normal position but I need it included when it's reversed.

Any suggestions?
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Tux,

What you are trying to do, if I've got it right, certainly works for a trivial example - distant, distant, home - both distants controlled by one lever - home as sub-route of distants.

If you did some deleting and other manipulations along the way to creating your "complex" example, it could be that you didn't clear some routes that were already defined and have ended up with something "hanging".
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
tux
Top Link
Top Link

Post by tux »

I think I cleared out a lever without clearing some interlocking and routes.

I'd added some routes then changed my mind on how I wanted things to be set up and found that I couldn't get it to work.

And I'll have to re-do it all as I don't know an easy way to remove a "hanging" route/interlocking/whatever.

Fortunately, as I said at the start of my post, I'm only mucking around with it and have no intentions (yet) of making a working frame controlling a model railway.