signalling a real life problem

Use this forum to report your experience of, or to ask questions about using SigScribe4 version 1.

Moderator: RedFred

tomslife155

signalling a real life problem

Post by tomslife155 »

Hi there, im signalling inspector of a 7 1/4" gauge railway here in the UK and we currently use electrionic locking rather than mechanical *something i aim to change in my charge haha*

heres the track plan of one section

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 097&size=o

the problem i have is probably because our railway doesnt use typical British standards
if you look at the signal infront of point 5 you'll see that its of this formation

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44773860@N00/2187721603/

signal 3 allows the train to proceed into the top of the three lines *platform 1a and 1b*

signal 4 allows the train to travel up the middle line to signal 12 *if signal 12 is pulled off then the "distant" under signal 3 should be pulled off automatically* signal 4 also allows the train to travel up to signal 13 on the lower of the 3 lines

now how on earth can i get that problem solved i dont know haha

Also, while im here

the signal in the sidings to teh right of the diagram, *next to point 17* should be a dolly, however, this dolly has multiple routes, it allows teh train to go to all three lines depending on the points with no route indicator, so how can i show that in the locking?

any ideas??

thanks muchly

Tom
tomslife155

Post by tomslife155 »

oh and signal 8 *next to point 7 allows to go to the shunt limit after signal 3* and also into the siding how can i allow that with no route indicator?

Tom
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Hello Tom,

Could you kindly attach your ss4 file to an email to help@MODRATEC.com for more detailed consideration?
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
tux
Top Link
Top Link

Post by tux »

This sounds like a suitable application for the slot-wit's (assuming mechanical links to the signals).

The distant would require BOTH (logic "AND") the home signal on the same post as well as the one ahead to be pulled before it will clear.

The home signal would have to clear with EITHER (logic "OR") of the levers pulled OR set to not care about the lie of the points - there's details in the advanced tutorial on how to set that up.

For the shunt signal, it's a bit trickier - you don't care about the lie of 16, but conditionally care about 11 and 15 (conditional on the lie of 16).

Signal 8 is simiar to the shunt signal - you don't care about the lie of 7, but if set toward 5, you also care about 5.