MODRATEC Logo
Click our Logo to enter the MODRATEC Web Site.

MODRATEC Guest Lounge
Model Railway Technology Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aluminium Tools in MODRATEC Lever Frame Kits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MODRATEC Guest Lounge Forum Index -> Modratec Lever Frame Kits
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Aluminium Tools in MODRATEC Lever Frame Kits. Reply with quote

When I purchased the kit, 3 aluminium tools are supplied for the marking of hole locations and subsequent hole drilling. I also purchased the pen from MODRATEC to mark the tools. While the pen supplied did a good job on brass items, I found that the aluminium was too smooth on the surface and the ink rubbed off very quickly. After needing to renew the marking on the tool several times, I thought of a better way to mark the tool.
My suggestion is to file a small "V" notch in the A end of the tool on Face 1 and file 2 "V" notches on the A end of Face 2. This enables quick visual identification of the orientation of the tool.
You may consider putting this suggestion in your manual.
Roger
RedFred
Top Link
Top Link

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion, roger. The construction manual now includes your hint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MODRATEC Guest Lounge Forum Index -> Modratec Lever Frame Kits All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: