Level Crossings

Use this forum to report your experience of, or to ask questions about using SigScribe4 version 1.

Moderator: RedFred

PhillipChudley

Level Crossings

Post by PhillipChudley »

Hi All,

Just finished working through the tutorial and on my diagram the level crossing seems to work the reverse to what I expected.

I added the two level crossings as indicated in the tutorial and connected them to a single lever. In the "normal" position, the gates are closed to road traffic, when the lever is pulled, the gates are closed to rail traffic.

This also seems to be opposite to the screen shots on the web site.

The graphic in the tutorial web pages, agrees with my diagram.

As a result of this apparent reversal, the level crossing level plays no part in setting the route (since the normal position is to lock against road traffic).

Did I do something wrong or am I missing something?

Any help would be be appreciated.

Thanks for a great product
RedFred
Top Link
Top Link

Post by RedFred »

Hi PhilliipChudley,

The action of the level crossing lever is as it should be. However, when first release in its beta version, we had made an error which meant that the LC lever worked in the opposite sense. The screen shots came from that version, but we didn't change them because you can't actually see lever 28, so it can be assumed that it is reversed. However, we accept that it is potentially confusing, so we will update the screen shots.

As far as the interlocking is concerned, although you don't need to do anything to set the route, lever 28 is automatically included in the locking scheme.
Happy training,
RedFred
The MODRATEC Moderator
PhillipChudley

Post by PhillipChudley »

Thanks for the quick reply, that clears it up now ....