MODRATEC Logo
Click our Logo to enter the MODRATEC Web Site.

MODRATEC Guest Lounge
Model Railway Technology Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three aspect colour lights and single throw switches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MODRATEC Guest Lounge Forum Index -> Modratec Lever Frame Kits
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp762

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Three aspect colour lights and single throw switches Reply with quote

Hi all,

This may be a noob question, but I can easily see how this system works with semaphore signals and two aspect colour light signals... But how would I incorporate multi aspect lights? Bro I need additional levers to operate the yellow aspect? (up to 36 in the frame at the moment, with no spares.)

There's a line on the website that suggests setting up semi-automatic signalling, but I'm struggling to see how that would fit into the manual lever concept...

For context, I'm building a "Minories" style layout in N. it's based on BR(S) practice and includes three platform roads, a pilot engine siding and an MPD located in the next block. There will either be a fiddle yard or a balloon loop in the next block along. Because it's not a continuous run, automatic signalling had not really figured in my plan.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike in Canberra
sp762

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. The old brain sorted it out while I was asleep and presented the answer this morning.

So, just to confirm that I'm not getting stupider, the switch input to the circuit will turn yellow lights on if the next signal in the circuit is at red, and green if yellow or green.
mattrose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Point and colour aspect control. Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently making a OO gauge modern image layout in the UK. I am using 'gaugemaster PM1 motors' and plan to use Berko or Traintronics for 3 aspect colour light signals.

I would ideally like to use a 'MODRATEC' lever frame to control these but how can I control a 3 aspect signal with 1 lever? How would these be wired?

And how will I need to wire up the points to be controlled with a lever from the frame?

Thanks. Matt
modadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please refer to this topic: http://MODRATEC.com/modforum/viewtopic.php?t=351
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MODRATEC Guest Lounge Forum Index -> Modratec Lever Frame Kits All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: