Three aspect colour lights and single throw switches

Announcements, comments and hints about MODRATEC Lever Frame Kits

Moderator: RedFred

sp762

Three aspect colour lights and single throw switches

Post by sp762 »

Hi all,

This may be a noob question, but I can easily see how this system works with semaphore signals and two aspect colour light signals... But how would I incorporate multi aspect lights? Bro I need additional levers to operate the yellow aspect? (up to 36 in the frame at the moment, with no spares.)

There's a line on the website that suggests setting up semi-automatic signalling, but I'm struggling to see how that would fit into the manual lever concept...

For context, I'm building a "Minories" style layout in N. it's based on BR(S) practice and includes three platform roads, a pilot engine siding and an MPD located in the next block. There will either be a fiddle yard or a balloon loop in the next block along. Because it's not a continuous run, automatic signalling had not really figured in my plan.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike in Canberra
sp762

Post by sp762 »

Never mind. The old brain sorted it out while I was asleep and presented the answer this morning.

So, just to confirm that I'm not getting stupider, the switch input to the circuit will turn yellow lights on if the next signal in the circuit is at red, and green if yellow or green.
mattrose

Point and colour aspect control.

Post by mattrose »

Hi,

I am currently making a OO gauge modern image layout in the UK. I am using 'gaugemaster PM1 motors' and plan to use Berko or Traintronics for 3 aspect colour light signals.

I would ideally like to use a 'MODRATEC' lever frame to control these but how can I control a 3 aspect signal with 1 lever? How would these be wired?

And how will I need to wire up the points to be controlled with a lever from the frame?

Thanks. Matt
M.Rose
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC