FPL

rail-interlock.com is a wiki-style resource developed by MODRATEC in order to define railway safety engineering functions and practice. Make your comments and pose your questions here.
John Bushell

FPL

Post by John Bushell »

I hesitate to ask, because the term must be explained somewhere. I have found out it means facing point lock, and I can see we don't want trains running against a facing point that is set the wrong way.

However, that is about all I have fathomed. Can anyone tell me more like for instance:
  • How do we know it is implemented?
    Can we see anything?
    To remove it I assume the action is to move the points to the right direction.
What can we add to help a beginner? I am working on a NSW layout, so what they would do in NSW is what I am especially interested in.
Best regards,
John
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

John,

We've just added this topic at rail-interlock.com: http://rail-interlock.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=39

Others may be able to point to photos of NSW FPLs.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
John Bushell

Thanks

Post by John Bushell »

Thanks Harold,

That was a quick reply. I tried to post a thanks over on the topic, but got mixed up with user names and passwords somehow and couldn't log in.

Best regards,
John
Best regards,
John
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

rail-iterlock.com is a separate site and requires independent registration. Members of the MODRATEC Guest Lounge are not automatically members of rail-interlock.com, nor vice-versa.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC