Different prototype ideas + multi-signal box

MODRATEC is keen to make SigScribe4 even more versatile and easy to use. Our further development of the product will take significant account of your requests.

Moderator: RedFred

Steamtostay

Different prototype ideas + multi-signal box

Post by Steamtostay »

Hi all, new here.

I'd suggest, for version 2, to have the following:

1) when first opening a file, have the option of which prototype you are following. The only option at first would be 'MODRATEC 1', with the current signalling system,. As time goes on, expansions could be made for the many other systems around the world, so that these can be downloaded and 'retrofitted' to the pre-made diagrams (the only changing thing, at first, would be sprites, i.e. VR disc signals)

2) the option to have up to three diagrams next to each other, although only the centre one will be 'editable'. This will be useful for designing mulit-station layouts. The left and right layouts will be fully protected and interrlocked, but any track that goes off the edge will continue on the next diagram.

Thanks,
StS
Steamtostay

Post by Steamtostay »

3) When creating a diagram, have the option of marking track that is not bi-directional. Doesn't have to have an effect, just perhaps painting 'UP' track red and 'DOWN' track blue, so that you know when designing routes. The track would still have the exact same function, but look different.

4) Make it so that only shunt signals respond to 'Shunt Limit' signs.

Also, above, where I've said the VR disc signal thing (we really need an 'edit' button!), I meant that this upgrade would give the option of replacing the semaphore shunt arm with a disc signal, when in VR mode. When in NSW mode, it would replace with something else. This could apply across the board. And for the American versions, signals would be on the right-hand side of the track.
MikeFozzy

RE: SHUNT SIGNALS

Post by MikeFozzy »

In my experience shunt signals should not be limited only by limit of shunt signals and other signals but also line or siding ends. Further in British practice there were yellow shunt disc signals which would permit shunting movements over points in the normal position when on and over points reverse when pulled off. I would like to see this in SigScribe10.

A further point is that colour light or even disc shunt signals may have route indicators mounted above them; this is not provided for in version 4.

My wish list includes the provision of a turn-table on the track diagram, even if only the entry line or through line may take a signal.

Thanks,
Mike
MikeFozzy

Shunt limits, sidings and unworked points.

Post by MikeFozzy »

In the real world signal diagrams include siding or shunt neck ends, platform position, marks or words denoting direction of movement, and unworked or 'hand points' as used by shunter staff.

I should like to see SigScribe10 incorporate these, with unworked points free of interlocking such that they are assumed to be either way for route definition.

In the case of unworked points, on a modelled layout such could be worked by a separate non-interlocked group of levers.

In my planned layout in 'Hornby 00 gauge' I intend to use a separate frame for each signal box, and non interlocked frames for marshalling yards. I shall probably use wire in tube point operation.

Mike