Version 1.2.1 Released 24 Nov 09

Use this forum to report your experience of, or to ask questions about using SigScribe4 version 1.

Moderator: RedFred

modadmin
Site Admin

Version 1.2.1 Released 24 Nov 09

Post by modadmin »

Version 1.2.1 repairs some bugs in the short-lived version 1.2.0. The main issue with 1.2.0 was that there were situations in which unsaved data might be lost as a result of editing your work.

Another bug (since 1.1.11) was that SigScribe4 would freeze when trying to set interlocking, but only for very simple interlocking.

The User Manual has been updated to catch up with the software development. In particular, the Basics section now has correct information about the Interlocking menu. There are also specific notations relating to small variations associated with use under Linux.

As of version 1.2.0, itf files may now contain comments. These may appear anywhere within the file and are delimited (bounded) by /* indicating the start of a comment, and */ indicating the end of a comment. This change is documented in the 1.1 version of A TEXT-BASED CODING SCHEME TO DEFINE INTERLOCKING included with these releases.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
MikeFozzy

use of version 1.2.1b13

Post by MikeFozzy »

Hi,

I have just downloaded version 1.2.1b13 and there is no HELP file attached so I have no idea where to start. Should I have downloaded a previous version first and if so where do I find it?

Mike
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Mike,

The help files are probably there, but some operating systems seem not to be launching them correctly. What is your operating system please? Perhaps others could report their experience.

Meanwhile, the Help files are totally available on-line through our web site. You can either navigate to SigScribe4 > Documentation, or use this link:

https://MODRATEC.com/ss4/ss4_main.htm
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

For Windows users unable to access their help system (this probably means those running anything other than 95 or 98 ), the following workaround should work.

Starting at "My Computer", navigate to "Program Files". Once open, you will probably need to click a link to allow files to become visible. Then find and open the SigScribe4 directory. Find the file called ss4_main.htm and double-click it. That should open Help in your web browser. Once open, bookmark the address (file:///...whatever.../ss4_main.htm) for easy access in the future.

We'll release a proper repair as soon as possible.
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Version 1.2.2 has now been published and should overcome the problem.
Forum Administration
MODRATEC