Is Price Quotation function working?

Report your experience and ask your questions about using the beta version of SigScribe4.

Moderator: RedFred

RedFred
Top Link
Top Link

Is Price Quotation function working?

Post by RedFred »

We (MODRATEC) have had a number of reports that the "Price Quotaion" function available from the Help menu is not working.

Let me tell you what should happen, and then you can tell us if it's not happening.

The Price Quotation item on the help menu will only be available when a design is loaded and the interlocking is active. When it is not available it will be seen as "faded" text.

When the Price Quotation item is showing as available and you select it you should be taken to a dialog box headed "Quotation" and showing a message asking if you want to receive your quote over the internet. If you select "Yes" you should see another dialog box confirming that you want to go on-line. If you select "Continue" you should be taken to the quotation web page.

If this is not happening for you, please post a reply to this message giving the following detail:
  • Your operating system (e.g. Windows 98 ).
    The version of Java (JVM or JRE) installed (e.g. 1.3.1 ).
    The build ID of SigScribe4 (you'll find that in "About SigScribe4" unless you have a build earlier than 836 - in that case please give the approximate date of your most recent download).
    Does the Price Quotation item on the Help menu become active when you have interlocking active?
    Do you get to the first dialog box?
    Do you get to the second dialog box?
    Do you get to the quotation web page?
We would appreciate your help on this one - many thanks :!:
Happy training,
RedFred
The MODRATEC Moderator
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

We're fairly confident we've fix this one at build ID 883 which is now available for download, but if you're still having problems, please let us know.
All the best from "modadmin"
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
dave55uk
Top Link
Top Link

Quotation or no quotation. That is the question.....

Post by dave55uk »

Was pleased to see you've fixed the problem so I downloaded and installed build 883. Ah....Sorry guys - still not working.

Operating system : Windows XP Pro
Java version : 1.4.2_03
SigScribe4 build # : 883 (downloaded just now)
Menu option / design loaded / interlocking on : Yes
1st dialogue box : Yes
2nd dialogue box : Yes
Web page (Quotation) : NO

After clicking the 'continue' button on the second dialogue box - absolutely nothing happens.

Sorry to shatter your confidence - better luck next time (but keep trying)

ATB
Dave.
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

MODRATEC apologises that we have been guilty of releasing what we thought were simple fixes on this problem with insufficient testing. We're trying to avoid that problem again, so please be patient.

If you urgently need a quote, you can follow the off-line method available via the Price Quotation function and send an email to help@MODRATEC.com stating your code number.

Sorry :oops:
Forum Administration
MODRATEC
signalman
Top Link
Top Link

Price quotation

Post by signalman »

I have had the same problem as dave55uk. I get the 1st and 2nd windows but then nothing after that. I am using WIN2000, build No.883.
modadmin
Site Admin

Post by modadmin »

Fixed at build ID 890.
Forum Administration
MODRATEC